Monday, October 4, 2010

PPC #33 and TWO Celebrations!!!


Oh MY GOODNESS!!!  This week's Picture Perfect Creations Color Combo screams "fun" and I immediately knew I wanted to ink up one of my Kraftin' Kimmie's that has never seen ink...(I'm sure none of you have stamps like that, right?  *wink*)


So, imagine my surprise when I clicked over to the Kraftin' Kimmie blog and discovered that they are CELEBRATING their one year ANNIVERSARY with a fun blog hop and this week's challenge is to create a "celebration" card!  How fun!  So, alright...I've got the colors, the theme, the stamp...all that's missing is the sketch.  So, off I went to the Just Us Girls challenge blog and, lo and behold, they TOO are celebrating their one year anniversary!   Both blogs even have prizes to make the party more fun so if you have time, make sure you stop by to play along.  Anyhoo...the JUGS girls have a sketch for us this week:


Once I got started, I realized that my image was a bit too big to make a regular size card so I went with a 5-1/4" square instead:

Stamps: Goldilocks (Kraftin' Kimmie)  Ink: Garden Green  Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy, various SU! DSP  Accessories: Sewing machine, Copics, Optic Dot border punch, adhesive pearls, So Saffron striped ribbon, Twizzle embossing folder, button, hemp twine, Lots of Tags Label One Sizzlit, dimensionals 

I figured that the sentiment was pretty versatile and could celebrate many different occasions - a birthday, an anniversary, friendship or even a get well soon or thinking of you...  Isn't she adorable?

I hope you will play along with us over at Picture Perfect Creations - we always love to see how you interpret the colors and make them your own.  :)  If you have time, check out the other PPC Creators' blogs to see what they made using these colors.

Enjoy your Monday - see you again soon!

7 comments:

Danni said...

Fabulous card!

Tamie said...

She is a cutie!! I looked at doing the JUGS challenge but haven't found the time yet...LOL. Your did a great job with the colors.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

This is one of my favorite cards of yours, Melissa! I've seen her before & she just gets cuter each time! I think these colors go perfectly with her :-)

Kristin Eberline said...

What a pretty card! Love your stitching and those stunning flat backed pearls! They complement your young lady taking the spotlight perfectly!! Great job coloring as well :]

Thanks so much for playing along with us on our one year anniversary at Just Us Girls!

Andrea M said...

Oh my goodness! This is a fabulous take on the sketch!! Love the stitching and the wonderful coloring job! The pearls are so pretty :)

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for helping JUGS celebrate our anniversary and good luck in the draw!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cute card! Love how you used the JUGs sketch and the color combo! Funny how you found two blogs celebrating their 1st anniversary! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

AKiteFlier said...

Totally adorable!!!! Love all the colored pearls. Be sure to check back to see our winner list.
Thanks for getting sketchy with JUGS and for supporting us in our first year.