Monday, November 1, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations #37

Welcome to November!!!  Wow - how did that happen?  That means there are only 54 more sleeps until Christmas!!  Are you ready yet?  I'm definitely NOT ready...in fact, not really even started!  :)  Well, that's not totally true - with my project today, I officially have *2* small presents ready to go.

So, this week's Picture Perfect Creations Color Combination was a really hard one for me - like, REALLY hard.  I was OK with three of the colors but put that darn Cajun Craze in the mix and I was STUMPED.  Stumped, I tell ya...


Not one to give up on a good challenge, I spent a couple hours (seriously...) going through my stamps and sketch blogs for inspiration with NADA... NA-DA.  I had a moment of panic trying to decide how I was going to get my project done this week.  But then, in a rare moment of genius (or something close to that...OK, maybe not *that* close...), I remembered a site I found while blog surfing awhile ago:  Kerry's Paper Crafts where she has an AMAZING and EASY video about how to make Hot Cocoa Sliders.  And when I say easy, I mean E-A-S-Y.  I had to make a few minor alterations to her measurements to accommodate the size of my hot chocolate packets but it wasn't difficult at all.

I started with a piece of cardstock 7-1/2" by 6".  I scored it at 3-1/2" from one end and then 1/2" from the opposite end.  I folded it up and used Sticky Tape along the flap to keep it all together.  I decorated the front a bit and then punched a hole in the top:


Now you put some ribbon through the holes and then tuck the hot chocolate packet down so that the ribbon is holding it up at the bottom...clear as mud?


Then when your recipient wants their hot chocolate, all they have to do is untie the bow and pull the ribbon up!

Recipe - Stamp: Yummy (SU!)  Ink: Cajun Craze  Paper: Basic Grey, Pear Pizzaz, Pretty in Pink, Olivia paper pad (Basic Grey), Whisper White  Accessories: Labels Four Nestabilities, Optic Dot border punch (MS), Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, Pear Pizzaz poly twill ribbon, sponge dauber, Crop-o-Dile

I hope you all have better luck with these colors than I did - it will be such fun to see what you crafty peeps come up with.  If you need some more inspiration, please make sure to stop and see what the rest of the PPC Creators created - their links are to the left.  Enjoy the first week of November!!

5 comments:

Lori Turner said...

These are cute projects! WTG Melissa :) These colors were hard for me too - you're not the only one :) But you did fabby!

Tamie said...

This is a very cute holder! The cajun craze threw me too, but I think everyones work turned out really great! WTG!!! your creation rocks!

Stacy Morgan said...

Yummy and pretty! These turned out wonderful.

Cheryl said...

Great projects! These colors looke fabulous together.

bonbon said...

Theses are really cool. Your colors are great to-gether.