Thursday, November 11, 2010

With Sympathy at the 4 Crafty Chicks


It's a brand new challenge at the 4 Crafty Chicks!  This week's hostess-with-the-mostess is yours truly and this week I am challenging you to make a sympathy card.  I always find that this type of card is one of the hardest to make and I don't make them very often but they are always nice to have on-hand for those unexpected moments.

I immediately knew I wanted to use Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey and the SU! set, Thoughts and Prayers, for my card so I went in search of a sketch and found this lovely one at Unscripted Sketches:

I had to rotate the sketch 90 degrees to accomodate my tree image and added some ribbon and paper piercing to create this:

Recipe - Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers (SU!)  Ink: Basic Grey, Versafine Onyx Black  Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey, SU! DSP  Accessories: paper piercer, black satin ribbon, dimensionals, Beautiful Wings embosslit, adhesive pearl, Victoria embossing folder

Take a few minutes to stop and see what the other Crafty Chicks created - they all did a fabulous job with this challenge.  I hope you will play along with us this week ~ I know it's not a really *fun* theme but it's one we will all need a card for sooner or later.  Enjoy your weekend - we are off to visit my mom and dad this afternoon but will be back on Sunday with a new Sentimental Sundays challenge.  See you then!

signature

7 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Beautiful card, Melissa...sympathy cards are very difficult ones to make, but you did a gorgeous one! WTG!

Tamie said...

Thoughts and Prayers is also one of my favorite stamp sets! You gave us a hard challenge this week and you made it look so easy. Stunning card. Thanks for a great challenge and WTG!!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous, Melissa. Love the colour combo and I never tire of that gorgeous tree :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Melissa! x

Leanne said...

Love it very nice card Melissa!!

Gerda said...

i have to agree! this card looks very nice and it says so much. thanks for sharing..

Julie said...

What an elegant and beautiful sympathy card! I love your layered butterfly with the oval pearl center! So pretty!