Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sentimental Sundays' Meets the Colour Q!


Welcome back for another Sentimental Sundays' challenge.  This week's challenge is a sketch challenge created by our very own Dorcas


Feel free to rotate it, flip it, or use a different shape...as long as we can see the basic sketch, you are good to go!  And don't forget to use a sentiment!  :)

I decided to combine this fabulous sketch with Arielle's Colour Q combination - there's that darned Cajun Craze again...


I just got some new goodies in the mail from Peg at Paperworks Co. and *had* to play with them.  I have been admiring these Rachelle Ann Miller stamps for a LONG time but haven't taken the plunge...until now:


Recipe - Stamps: Puddles of Fun (Paperworks Co.)  Ink: Cajun Craze, Versafine Onyx Black  Paper: Very Vanilla, Taken With Teal, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, SU! DSP  Accessories: Copics, scallop circle punch, circle punches, clear embossing powder, buttons, twine, Cherry Cobbler seam binding (SU!), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder

I hope you will play along with this fun sketch - it's a great one open to interpretation.  I can't wait to see what you all come up with!  See you tomorrow!

signature

15 comments:

Kimberly S said...

Your card is so sweet Melissa, and made me smile as soon as I saw it! :)

Marisa said...

Totally adorable image and fabulously coloured. Love how you used the ColorQ colours and the layout.

Lori Turner said...

Oh, that is such an adorable card girlie! I love that image! TFS!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Melisa, I love that cute image :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Sylvia said...

This is just too cute! I love all the warm and fuzzy duckies! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Shirl said...

What an adorable family you have brought to life they made me smile.
Hugs Shirley x x

papertrails leaver said...

how fun your card is! Love the pun you used! I look forward to working with you on SS! :-) Amy

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a cutie! That image is making my heart smile!!!! I love ducks and I fell in love with your card, simply gorgeous! Hugs, Joanna x

Cheryl said...

I totally love your card! It is so sweet and made me smile

Dorcas said...

Melissa, I ADORE this card!!!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

I love this card! the image is so cute and I love how you used this color combo!

♥ Lisa

HappyCrafter said...

Great job with the sketch! This came out so perky and happy!

mrsk06 said...

This is soo stunning Melissa im blown away by it the colours are just perfect and of course your button finishes it off a treat! xx

Bonnie said...

Adorable and great job with the coloring! Congratulations on being a Color! Courtier this week.

Tameko said...

Too cute! Love your sentiment.