Monday, November 29, 2010

A Monday Afternoon Three-'fer


Welcome back everyone!  I've got a quick card for you this afternoon since I had a few minutes to play between loads of laundry and picking up the kids from school.  I was able to combine three challenges for this card:


#1 - The Play Date Cafe: I love, love, LOVE this combination.  It is sooooo {au naturel} and calming.  I decided to use Kraft for the brown and Basic Grey for the grey and used silver embossing powder and silver cord to tie it all together:

#2 - 2 Sketches 4 You: This week's sketch is from Kazan - I decided to go against the grain a bit and make a full card instead of just a tag like the rest of the design team did:


 #3 - Just Us Girls:  This week's challenge is to add a 3-D holiday embellishment to our project and I {think} my card works since I used a snowflake and popped up my Christmas tag...
Stamps: Holiday Print background stamp, Doves and Holly (Flourishes)  Ink: Versamark, Basic Grey  Paper: Kraft, Basic Grey, Whisper White  Accessories: Silver embossing powder, heat tool, Kraft tag die cut, paper snowflake, silver snowflake brad, silver cord, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Basic Grey sating ribbon, Snowflakes embossing folder, Smooch spritz (clear)

Okie dokie - time to start thinking about supper!  Thanks for stoppin' by... enjoy the rest of your day!
signature

11 comments:

Fiona said...

what a great card Melissa :) The background really sets off the tag.

Melody said...

Beautiful card!!

HappyCrafter said...

Gojrgeous! So love how you did the heat embossing on the background, it looks so fancy!

Jaclyn Miller said...

stunning and great blend of the colors.

Kathryn B said...

What an elegant card Melissa! I just love the embossed tag and the 3-D snow flake!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Marisa said...

Love it. Congrats on the ColorQ win too :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeously elegant! Love how you used our colors, especially with the shimmery, embossed papers and wonderful tag! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! Lovely embossing--and that snowflake is fab! Love how you wrapped your ribbon around--FUN! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!!

Sarah Anderson said...

oh Melissa this is just beautiful! Gorgeous embossing, and love the snowflake. Thanks so much for playing along in the play date cafe this week :)

Ruby said...

I wouldn't have thought to use those colours for a christmas tag, it looks lovely. Great minds think alike, I made a snowflake tag for this week's challenge, hope you join in this week too! Sorry, I'm a bit late in getting around to comment on everyone's blogs, but thanks for playing along with us last week at the PDCC!

Kristin Eberline said...

Your card totally qualifies!! Love how you used the brown, gray and silver...FANTASTIC dispersement of such a unique palette! Also love your 3-D holiday embellishments...I'd say both the tag and snowflake count :]

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!