Thursday, December 31, 2009

Play Date Cafe Challenge and Jen's Sketch for You to Try



Happy New Year's Eve!!  Do you have big party plans for tonight?  We aren't planning to go anywhere or do anything special.  We'll probably just watch Air Farce and laugh ourselves silly and then see if there's a movie or something and go to bed...we're such party animals!  ;)

I was able to do some crafting this morning before I ran to town to hit the gym and get a few groceries.  Again, I was able to combine two challenges in one. The Play Date Cafe is another one of my new discoveries and Jen's Sketch for You to Try is an old favourite.



 
When I first saw the colors I immediately felt "deja vu" since I had just finished another card using almost the exact same colors for Arielle's Colour Q Challenge!  I wanted to change it up a little bit from that card so I decided to use Taken with Teal for my "turquoise", Chocolate Chip for my "brown" and Regal Rose for my "dusky pink."



Recipe - Stamps: Grateful Heart Plain Jane (Verve)  Paper: Taken With Teal, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, SU! designer paper  Ink: Chocolate Chip  Accessories: Nestabilities, paper flowers, button, paper piercer, corner rounder, slot punch, satin ribbon, adhesive pearls, sponge dauber

I hope you all enjoy your New Year's Eve - however you decide to celebrate.  :)  I think I'm going to try to make a few more cards before I kick back and relax.  Here's to 2010!!

8 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

very cute! love the flowers, and pearls.

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is amazing, I luv it, great job....Happy new Year and blessings in 2010!

enjoy *~*

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card! Great taste in DP that you used :) Thanks for playing along with The Play Date Cafe color challenge! Happy New Year!

Sandi said...

very pretty, love the sewing on the circles,thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

*Alison* said...

this is AMAZING.. i love everything about it.. thanks for playing with us at the Cafe..

~visit my blog for the new Freebie Digital Stamp Wed

Hanne said...

What a sweet card!
Hanne

Julie Ranae said...

Beautiful job with The Play Date Cafe colors....lovely!

Make sure you stop by our sponsor blog Julie's Open Window for a great giveaway!

Hearts Turned said...

What an adorable card, Melissa! Love all the layers & elements! So glad you could play along with us at The Cafe' this week!